For Wayne County Sheriff
The citizens of Wayne County should be able to live and travel through Wayne County and feel safe and protected. They should expect excellence and be able to trust those who are sworn to protect them.
Disclaimer: Paid for by the Committee to Elect Steve MacNeal
About Steve MacNeal
Steve was born and raised in Walworth, Wayne County, New York. Shortly after his eighteenth birthday, he joined the Walworth Fire Department and continues to serve as a volunteer firefighter.
In 1998, Steve followed in his grandfather’s footsteps and began his career as a Deputy Sheriff at the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office. In 2002, he transferred to the Irondequoit Police Department and worked in a very diverse community neighboring the City of Rochester. In 2014, Steve had the opportunity to return to Wayne County and currently serves as the Administrative Sergeant at the Macedon Police Department.
As part of the Administrative Sergeant’s duties, Steve develops and implements departmentwide training, drafts and implements General Orders and policy, and is moving the department toward New York State Accreditation. Recently, Steve was tasked with developing the Police Reform and Reinvention plan per the Governor’s Executive Order.
Steve is in a unique position in that he is an administrator but also works the Road Patrol every day. This affords him the opportunity to recognize the needs of the community AND the needs of the police officers so they can adequately serve the community and fulfill a successful career.
Steve is the Chairperson of the Wayne County Peer Support Team, an organization that provides mental health assistance to Law Enforcement Professionals throughout Wayne County.
Off duty, Steve plans and oversees the Macedon/Walworth National Night Out, an annual family event designed to bring the community together with those who serve them in different capacities, from police/fire/EMS personnel to highway department personnel to MercyFlight and other nonprofit organizations.
Steve and his wife, Tyler, own Mac’s Pizza Shack in Macedon. Each year, Steve coordinates an annual coat and clothing drive as well as the “Mac’s Packs for Kids” program which is designed to provide children across Wayne County with backpacks and school supplies.
Steve recently served two terms as President of the Western Wayne Chamber of Commerce which serves the towns of Macedon, Marion, Palmyra, and Walworth. While in office, he implemented a community Narcan education and training program.
Steve has proven his passion and dedication for his community. He has the experience and leadership abilities to steer the Sheriff’s Office into the future while serving the Deputies and our community in a deserving manner.
• Field Training Officer Certification
• Course in Police Supervision
• General Topics Instructor Certification
• Accreditation Manager
• Firearms/Rifle Instructor Certification
• Narcan Instructor
• Tactical Warrant Execution & Building Searches
• FBI- Survival Awareness
• FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development
• Reality Based Training Instructor
• Lost Person Behavior Training
• De-escalation Training
• Implicit Bias Training
• Disability Awareness Instructor- Police/Fire/EMS
Well rounded Law Enforcement Professional with over 22 years of experience.
MACEDON POLICE DEPARTMENT (MPD) 2014-Present
• Engages in proactive police strategies in vehicle and traffic enforcement, numerous self-initiated criminal investigations, and 911 dispatched calls for service.
• Maintain positive community relations with citizens and business owners during routine patrols and the investigation of crimes to preserve a high quality of life.
• Assist the Chief of Police with day to day operations
• Draft and implement General Orders and Policy
• Implement Reform & Reinvention Initiative
• Develop and implement departmental training
• Chairperson of Wayne County Peer Support Team
• Departmental Accreditation Manager
IRONDEQUOIT POLICE DEPARTMENT (IPD) 2002- 2014
- Road Patrol duties
- Emergency Response Team- Team Leader and Quartermaster (Duties include budget, equipment procurement and maintenance, and training)
- Bicycle Unit
- Training Unit
- Field Training Officer
- General Topics Instructor
- Firearms Instructor
- Patrol Rifle Instructor
- Greater Rochester Area Narcotics Enforcement Team (2007)
- Community Response Team
- Assigned to Criminal Investigation Unit as needed for high profile cases (Duties include search warrant writing and investigative skills)
WAYNE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE 1998-2002
Deputy Sheriff- Road Patrol
- Initial Law Enforcement Professional Assignment
- Responded to the citizens of Wayne County in times of Emergency Situations
- Gained experience in all aspects of Law Enforcement including Emergency Response, Public Safety, Firearms Training, Communications, and Court Procedures.
- Assigned to Road Patrol, Bicycle, and Snowmobile Units during service.
- Officer of the Month (Macedon PD)
- Certificate of Commendation for water rescue (Macedon PD)
- Recognized for murder investigation of a mother and the purchase and delivery of Christmas gifts for her three children (IPD)
- Recognized for arrest of Monroe County-wide burglary suspects (IPD)
- Recognized for in progress burglary arrest (IPD)
- Recognized for developing and remodeling ERT storage room (IPD)
- Recognized for developing and implementing patrol rifle program( IPD)
Community service has been a part of Steve MacNeal’s life for over two decades.
WALWORTH FIRE DEPARTMENT 1995-present
Past Vice President (2019)
Past committee Chairperson- Apparel, community, banquet
WALWORTH FIRE DISTRICT 2010-2014
Western Wayne Chamber of Commerce (2019-Present)
Advocate for business owners and community members
Administer community Narcan training in partnership with Wayne County DOH
Mac’s Pizza Shack
Coordinate Mac’s Packs for Kids program
Plan and coordinate Macedon/Walworth National Night Out
SUPPORT STEVE MACNEAL
CONTRIBUTE TO THE COMMITTEE TO ELECT STEVE MACNEAL
Contribute today by donating to the Committee To Elect Steve MacNeal.
News & Updates
I was born and raised in Walworth, New York. As I child I was always intrigued by fire trucks, ambulances, and police cars. While growing up, I knew my Grandfather was the Undersheriff of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office. I knew he wore a suit and tie to work and...
Recognized for life saving efforts of teenage overdose victim -WCSD Recognized for leading platoon in complaints handled, MVAs investigated, arrests made, tickets issued, DWI arrests (#1 in county) for the year 2000.-WCSD Recognized by Macedon Police Sergeant for...